A Coruña is located in the northwest of the Iberian Peninsula, in the region of Galicia. It is very well connected by highway (A6 and AP9), by train (RENFE) and by plane. Alvedro airport is very close to the city center and Lavacolla airport (Santiago de Compostela) is just 45 minutes away.
A CORUÑA AIRPORT (LCG)
A Coruña airport is located in the municipality of Culleredo, about 8 kilometres from the center of the city.
- Taxis: The airport has taxis available at its entrance. Price: about 25€ to the center of the city.
- Buses: Every day (return trip). Price: 1,50€
Lavacolla, it is located in the municipality of Santiago de Compostela, 60 kilometers from A Coruña city.
- Taxis: The airport has taxis available at its entrance. Price: about 100 € to the center of A Coruña city.
- Bus: Airport – A Coruña: This line connects Santiago Airport with the Hotel Atlántico in A Coruña (Jardines Méndez Nuñez s/n).
The train station (RENFE) is just five minutes’ drive from the city center, with frequent bus service and taxi.
- Long distance: Madrid, Barcelona and Bilbao-Irún.
- Regional: Santiago, Vigo, Ferrol, Monforte.
Three major highways link A Coruña with major cities/areas
- A6: Madrid (590km), Barcelona (1180 km) and other Spanish cities (A6)
- A8: North of Spain (Bilbao, 546 km) and France (Paris, 1460 km) (A8)
- A9: South of Galicia and Portugal (Porto, 300 km; Lisbon, 608 km) (A9)